Opportunity: Commercial Marketer- Windsor
All-Risks Insurance Brokers Limited is a full service insurance brokerage offering a broad array of property, casualty, life, health and investment products and services to the residents of Ontario. We offer our customers a choice of high quality insurance products from a number of reputable and financially secure insurance companies in a friendly and courteous environment.
We are seeking a dynamic, professional and enthusiastic, Commercial Lines Underwriter to join our team.
Commercial Underwriting/Marketing consists of a team whose main purpose is to design, secure and deliver the best insurance program and professional expertise for our wide range of clients, both small-mid size and large accounts. Our group works with our producers to assess client risk exposures and insurance needs, including the preparation of marketing submissions, binders, proposals, underwriting renewals and liaising with our insurer partners.
This role supports producers to assist in strengthening their closing positions on new business. Additionally, this role focuses on mentoring producers with varying degrees of commercial lines experience to improve their technical knowledge and expertise.
- 3 years + Commercial Lines experience (preferably with previous marketing experience)
- Strong technical insurance knowledge in placement of all classes of insurance including small business, specialty products and placement for mid-market multi-line accounts
- Some knowledge of specialty products a/o segment needs would be an asset (eg. Cyber, D&O, E&O, etc.)
- RIBO License, active and in good standing would be considered an asset
- Other industry qualifications such as CAIB, CIP, CRM, etc., would be considered an asset
Ideal candidates should have:
- In-depth knowledge of insurance wordings
- In-depth knowledge of market trends, changes in appetite, and the ability to keep on top of market underwriting conditions and requirements
- In-depth knowledge of coverage requirements for specific industries such contractors, technology, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial lines workflows and processes
- Familiarity with SIG, Applied Rating Services, PolicyWorks (preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Comfortable with insurer portal use both for quoting, changes, product and policy details research
- Excellent inter-personal skills, negotiation skills and ability to work with personnel at all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized with effective time management skills
Key Employee Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience, insurance education/knowledge
- Group benefits
- Opportunity to work with an experienced and respected team of insurance professionals in a collaborative and professional environment
- Opportunities for career advancement and professional growth
- Manage and complete the marketing of new business for Account Executives across multiple branch offices.
- Educate new producers on the marketing process and coach them on how to complete commercial applications for different types of risks.
- Manage and review new submissions and quotes for accuracy and completeness while maintaining efficient communication and workflows.
- Offer coaching, mentoring and support to the producers in obtaining quotes and binding commercial business.
- Provide market information to producers and guidance as to what insurers or non-standard markets may be the best fit for the risk being quoted.
- Manage and create proposals for producers and assist them with proposal delivery.
- Assist in maintaining and cultivating commercial lines underwriter relationships with all markets and MGAs.
- Maintain logs of new business quoted, policies written and outcomes of renewal policy reviews.
- Maintain strong relationships with producers & customer service representatives to fully understand client requirements.
- Provide prompt, accurate, and friendly customer service. Service can include responding to inquiries regarding insurance availability, eligibility of coverages, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of insurer products & target segments to ensure best possible coverage solutions.
- Analyze client coverage needs, exposures, loss history & provide targeted risk management recommendations.
- Communicate with all key stakeholders to ensure they remain fully informed of marketing progress.
- Continuously improve your technical and market knowledge through ongoing training & networking
- Analyze Coverage, Wordings and Premiums from Various Insurers
- Maintain knowledge of market underwriting appetites, line of business trends, insurance company changes, rating technique and coverage development
- Assist in reviewing, underwriting and auditing commercial lines renewals for gaps in coverage, coverage limitations and proper placement.
- Work with management on recommendations for training/education in specific areas when required – i.e. coverage, etc.
About All-Risks Insurance Brokers Limited
All-Risks was formed in 1954, incorporated in 1963 and we have been providing quality products and services ever since. It has been our innovative and fresh outlook on the insurance industry that has helped us grow and be a leader of the industry standard to both our clients and insurer partners alike.
*Only qualified applicants will be contacted.